Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Limit Omaha8 refresher course.

Ok poker questions time, I'm examining my Omaha8 game coming into the big Omaha8 tournament on Sunday. Trying to tighten things up so I can play my best game. Any and all comments are welcome from all skill levels and playing types.

How do you people play A23x unpaired in general? I want to raise because I know if the flop is of that low texture, I'm most likely getting half with the low and on unsuited boards a wheel can be a strong high hand. But lately I feel like I'm just giving away money because I get the A23x and the flop comes all high cards.

Secondly, how hard do you play A23x with a flop of LLx where the low cards don't pair you? Bet the flop, if someone raises you back just call? Check-call if the turn misses?

If you've got like A236, and you get that low flop like 235 rainbow, you're not in terrible shape with second low and bottom pair, but if there's a bet and a raise in front of you, wouldn't it be safe to assume A4xx (maybe even A46x) and that you're in pretty big trouble?

How playable is a hand like 3456? Does it make as big of a difference if its suited? Double suited? I tend to limp with 3456, even though its probably not limping with.

No comments: