Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Mornings are the best sometimes.

Woke up entirely too early and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to try a $7.60 satellite to the $750K tonight. It was a 6-max double shootout, 1 seat into the tournament. I hit a few hands at the right time at my first table and pretty much coasted through the first table.

The final table started off with a bang. KJd on a flop of K45 with two diamonds is really nice. I bet 200, I got two callers. Turn was a third diamond. I checked, guy left of me checked, third guy bet 100, I raised to 300, left of me coldcalls the raise, and third guy calls. I was extremely worried about a slowplayed nut flush. River was a blank, I cautiously checked, the other two checked, I took it down with my second flush. I just didn't feel comfortable with the way the guy left of me played, and he had just the Ace of diamonds.

I coasted my way to heads-up and this was the first hand of headsup.
Full Tilt Poker Game #7875540167: Satellite to $750K Guarantee (59878655), Table 1 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:47:00 ET - 2008/08/31
Seat 3: jimdniacc (3,050)
Seat 5: Villain (5,950)
Villain posts the small blind of 30
jimdniacc posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jimdniacc [Ac Ad]
Villain raises to 120
jimdniacc raises to 360
Villain raises to 600
jimdniacc raises to 3,050, and is all in
Villain calls 2,450
jimdniacc shows [Ac Ad]
Villain shows [8c Th]
*** FLOP *** [Kc 2c 3c]
*** TURN *** [Kc 2c 3c] [8h]
*** RIVER *** [Kc 2c 3c 8h] [Kd]
jimdniacc shows two pair, Aces and Kings
macanme shows two pair, Kings and Eights
jimdniacc wins the pot (6,100) with two pair, Aces and Kings
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,100 | Rake 0
Board: [Kc 2c 3c 8h Kd]
Seat 3: jimdniacc (big blind) showed [Ac Ad] and won (6,100) with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 5: macanme (small blind) showed [8c Th] and lost with two pair, Kings and Eights

I was a little worried when the turn came but the Aces held up and I took the lead. A few hands later I got him allin with my KQ against his tens. I flop a queen and its all over...


I am absolutely not gonna play this tournament tonight, we have a family get-together tonight and I'd rather pocket the T$ anyway. It's amazing how frustrating it is when its going bad, and how easy it seems when its going well. I gotta keep the momentum going.

No comments: